PROPERTY: Budget News from Chas Everitt
Recent Kwazulu-Natal Business News
- Growing Local Business Withstands Foreign Market Volatility
- The Durban Residential Property Market is Showing Strong Price Growth - and Not Only in the Lower Market Segments:
- Shortage Of Power and Skills Will Hold Back SA’s Commodities
- Autonomy Records Manager Ushers in a New Era Of Information
- Kadient and the Sant Corporation Are Now Qvidian
Berry Everitt, MD of the Chaz Everitt International property group, says: "We are delighted of course at the confimation of the R9bn Budget allocation over three years for job creation, as increased employment is key to the survival and growth of the real estate and consturction sectors of the economy.
"It is as the Finance Minister said very disheartening and disturbing to think of 42% of South Africans aged between 18 and 29 being unemployed, and we wholeheartedly support the large Budget allocations made to improve schools, provide more money for higher education and create more vocational and skills training centres.
"At the same time, we were very pleased that the Minister managed to find R8bn for tax relief for individuals that are already employed, and announced further tax concessions for the small and micro businesses that provide 68% of all jobs in the private sector.
"We have for some time advocated tax relief for individuals as the best way to create jobs - by increasing disposable income, stimulating demand for goods and services and promoting increased production that requires more employees."
Business News Sector Tags: Property|
Fax 2 Email
Study IT Online
Work from Home